"Galz wif a$$e$ like mine don't talk 2 boiz wif face$ like yours" - quoted from "She's The Man"

Sunday, November 05, 2006

Gestalt Exercise


So sorry that this post also has gone after a night and the reason is still a mystery =.= I had to post it again *


For this exercise, I has several ideas... Some are totally different, some are created based on the same idea.
This is the one I created in class so the idea is kind of simple. It is, to me, applied 2 Gestalt theory that are Continuance and Proximity.



The Continuance concept is used when the title is placed between the main content. That may lead the readers to look at the title and read the whole article. I also put 2 small images of plants to illustrate the content of the article. It seems to be a mix-up between Proximity and Closure because one of them misses a part of its body, however the other overlaps it =.=

After taking a nap, I had some different ideas so I created 2 versions of it.

The 1st one is based on the Proximity and Closure concept. Many circles with various sizes and colors may make it become a 3D picture due to its lumnance, texture and contrast. The real image of a orange flower is hidden, which may cause a curiosity in viewers. Circle with missing parts is a type of Closure and the overlapping is based on Proximity concept. What is more, I guess the last white line above the title is a kind of Continuance comcept, but I'm so sure.


The 2nd version is kind of plain as I juz changed it a little bit from the 1st one. It's also created on the Proximity and Closure concept.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home