"Galz wif a$$e$ like mine don't talk 2 boiz wif face$ like yours" - quoted from "She's The Man"

Sunday, July 02, 2006

f.I.S.h +++


Hey guys.. there's another flash using ActionScript ^_^" Can you see 3 fish swimming around and around? Actually, when making this, I wondered if people recognised they're fish!!! I think they DO look like fish, right? ^.^ (very cute fish)
In this flash, I create a simbol for a fish, and another symbol that respensents the 1st symbol. (kind of complicated, huh? +_+) Therefore, I have 3 fish swimming but just have to add Script once. Maybe you think that it's quite easy to copy and paste Script 3 or 4 times but if you have to create 20 or 100 or 1000 fish, it'll be a really hard work! Try what I recommend and you will feel the difference :)
Some people may think ActionScript is too hard to remember and avoid using them. But I think it's more comfortable to make a complex flash by using codes. It doesn't only make your work done faster and easier, but also reduce the size when compared with using frame by frame +_+ Actually you don't have to be a professional programmer or whatever, try some basics and simplify every detail!
Want to see a bigger screen: My Fish
Hope you enjoy it! Tee-hee :">

5 Comments:

Blogger Melanie said...

wow, ur technical skill has improved rapidly!The fishes look really cute! ( but individually, I think they r somehow like the "sperms"!) hihi ^.^

Sunday, July 02, 2006 10:59:00 PM

 
Blogger Alan Vo said...

You know, it's not necessary to create a real fish as it takes a lot of time!
My fish is made by a round and some simple line.. I don't care much about its appearance but it still looks cute, huh? And the important thing is you can recognise that they're fish ^.^ not something else (however, "sperms" is another matter =>)
To get the movement smoother, you need to use ActionScript! Everything is on your hand! Goodluck, girl!

Monday, July 03, 2006 8:11:00 AM

 
Blogger Alan Vo said...

One more thing, actually, I think it looks like a catfish! So funny! ^.^

Monday, July 03, 2006 8:12:00 AM

 
Blogger Alan Vo said...

@ Lien Anh: rotating a symbol to make a fish swim or not, that's a question.. tee-hee :))
@ DJ: Hi, a strange friend, rite?
sorry, but I don't understand your question :) maybe you can contact me via my YM and we'll talk about source code for flash ^.^ I'm always interested in such things

Tuesday, July 04, 2006 9:48:00 AM

 
Blogger Dim Sum said...

I can see your ready to start playing with Flash :)

Tuesday, July 11, 2006 1:20:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home