"Galz wif a$$e$ like mine don't talk 2 boiz wif face$ like yours" - quoted from "She's The Man"

Sunday, July 02, 2006

*** tick... tick... ***



My flash is based on the real analogue clock ^.^ It depends on the time displayed on your computer... Try changing the time on your computer and see what happens to my clock!!!

To create this, I had to use ActionScript therefore its size is quitely small (just 4KB). WHY IS ACTIONSCRIPT SO IMPORTANT? First it enables you to create buttons that control the MainTimeline or MovieClips. Second, when creating some fairly complicated projects like an analogue clock, you must apply this to simplify and be in control of everything!
If you want to create a clock like this one, I recommend that you should create one layer for one object. Then adding a blank symbol to insert your Scripts. This will make you work done easier and clearer!
Through making this flash, I learn one more thing "Everything is very easy to see, while to make it fully is the reverse"
That's a just simple clock... Don't hope to see something strange or surprising occurs... Have fun, guys ^.^
Want to see its true size, here you are: Analogue Clock

9 Comments:

Blogger Melanie said...

hey ya, how can u do it? it looks impressive!!! I like ur clock! Anyway, just a bit chsnging 'bout the "number" on thet clock may make ur clock becomes a bit fun n creative as its sticks!

Sunday, July 02, 2006 1:13:00 PM

 
Blogger Alan Vo said...

Thanks for your comment :)
Changing the numbers is a good idea, but I only wanna emphasize the clock hands ^.^
If 2 things are so impressive at the same time, they're not impressive at all to the viewers :) Just choose one and stress on it!

Sunday, July 02, 2006 5:10:00 PM

 
Blogger Alan Vo said...

Dunno why my comment didn't appear >"<
Anyway, I post the old one:
"Thanks for your comment :)
Changing the numbers is a good idea, but I only wanna emphasize the clock hands ^.^
If 2 things are so impressive at the same time, in fact they're not impressive at all to the viewers :) Just choose one and stress on it!"

Sunday, July 02, 2006 5:24:00 PM

 
Blogger Alan Vo said...

Thanks for your comment! I'll try more.. . doing such funny and practical things like this is realy FUN! A friend of mine knows how to make a flash a wallpaper.. maybe I'll try then!

Monday, July 03, 2006 8:40:00 AM

 
Blogger thanhhua said...

hey, the clock is so coolllllllllll!!! Can I have the source code please???? ^^ im just joking! I like those clock hands, thin = elegant!!! ^^ The colors are perfect, all works well together!!! Thumbs up!!! ^^

Monday, July 03, 2006 7:28:00 PM

 
Blogger Alan Vo said...

tee-hee thanks Thanh ;)
I could give some intructions for you to do something like this clock! Its source code is fairly plain, if you know the main point, you'll do this easily.. see me outside and I'll guide you somehow ^.^

Monday, July 03, 2006 9:53:00 PM

 
Blogger Vu Thien Nguyen Phong said...

It's really great. You are truly a Flash Master. I have no time to learn about Action Script, hichic... :(

Thursday, July 06, 2006 8:25:00 AM

 
Blogger Alan Vo said...

lolz ... you make me blush with shame, guy ^.^
I spent my holiday on trying to add ActionScript.. and somehow it worked :P

Thursday, July 06, 2006 6:18:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice !!! do they sell the real one that looks exactly like the one that u made? if yes, i would buy it. lol

Tuesday, July 11, 2006 11:17:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home